- 4 ounces dried rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion greens
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Soak rice noodles in warm water to cover in a large bowl until they are limp and white, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil over high heat in a wok until very hot. Add the garlic and stir-fry until golden, about 10 seconds. Add the egg and cook, stirring, until scrambled, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and stir-fry until they curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok, tossing with tongs until they soften and curl, about 1 minute. Add bean sprouts, scallion greens, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and chile-garlic sauce; toss until the shrimp are fully cooked and noodles are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve immediately.